System automatically detects and records safety incidents for remote or local viewing.
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn., April 22 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Detector Electronics Corporation (Det-Tronics) has announced enhancements to its xWatch® camera and surveillance system (xwatch.det-tronics.com). Options include viewing hazards over an internet connection and recording activities before, during, and after hazardous events. Det-Tronics manufactures flame detectors, gas detectors, and safety systems and is part of UTC Fire & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The new options fortify surveillance systems by enabling users to:
* Immediately view industrial hazards remotely via a configurable IP address
* Accurately detect hazards by integrating the explosion-proof camera with a flame detector
* Record and review incidents for event analysis
* Integrate surveillance seamlessly into a safety system
Following are three of the many options available as part of a surveillance plan:
* a stand-alone, industrial-grade xWatch camera
* a camera partnered with a flame detector that provides accurate fire detection
* a surveillance solution integrated into a fire and/or gas safety system.
With Class I, Div. 1 and NEMA 4X approvals from third-party approval agencies such as FM, CSA, CE, and ATEX, the xWatch camera, combined with a Det-Tronics flame detector, is ideally suited for remote and hard-to-access areas. The camera and detector view the same expanse. Continuous, real-time video provides the operator with surveillance capabilities during normal operation. If a fire is detected, the operator can quickly view a control-room monitor to assess the risk and initiate the appropriate response. Moreover, the DVR option allows users to evaluate the conditions leading up to and following the event.
“People working in hazardous areas recognize the need for accurate and fast flame detection. They also recognize the value of using video camera technology to see real-time fire events and record them,” said Charlie Hoff, Product Line Coordinator at Det-Tronics. “Extensive tests have shown that detecting flames is best done with dedicated flame detectors, while visual assessment is best done with dedicated surveillance cameras. The xWatch camera coupled with a flame detector provides the best of both worlds.”
About Detector Electronics
Detector Electronics Corporation (Det-Tronics) is a world leader in industrial fire detection, gas detection, and hazard mitigation systems. Det-Tronics designs, builds, tests, and commissions safety systems that range from conventional panels to fault-tolerant, addressable systems. Det-Tronics flame and gas detectors are globally certified to the latest product approvals standards, including critical SIL2 industrial applications. Learn more at www.det-tronics.com.
Det-Tronics is part of UTC Fire & Security, which provides fire safety and security solutions to more than one million customers around the world. Headquartered in Connecticut, UTC Fire & Security is a business unit of United Technologies Corp., which provides high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries worldwide. More information can be found at www.utcfireandsecurity.com.
*(PHOTO 72dpi: Send2Press.com/mediaboom/09-0422-xWatch_72dpi.jpg)
*(Photo Caption: Enhancements to Det-Tronics’ surveillance system enable users to accurately detect hazards by integrating the explosion-proof camera with a flame detector. Options also include recording and reviewing incidents for event analysis.)
- Secret Sex Book Serialized on eNewsChannels
- Fourth of July Reminder for 50-Plus Americans: Think about Long-Term Care Independence
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Asks SimplyHome for Help
- New Hampshire Audi Dealer Inspired by Audi’s Plans to Unseat BMW as Luxury Leader
- Newest MINI Features Fewer Seats, More Thrills