SANTA CLARA, Calif. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — SecuGen®, the world’s leading optical fingerprint device vendor, is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the SecuGen iD-USB SC/PIV™, a combined fingerprint and smart card reader that is fully FIPS 201/PIV compliant. The iD-USB SC/PIV is a ready-to-use USB device that facilitates dual-factor authentication right out of the box. The new unit is now listed on the General Services Administration’s FIPS 201 Approved Products List (GSA APL) and is targeted at the rapidly growing number of government and commercial projects and applications that combine fingerprint biometrics and smart cards.
The SecuGen iD-USB SC/PIV reader contains SecuGen’s increasingly popular PIV compliant optical fingerprint sensor, which is certified to meet the FBI’s Image Quality Specifications. Like SecuGen’s other fingerprint products, the biometric sensor has a rugged, scratch-resistant platen and captures very accurate, high quality fingerprints. Partners can leverage SecuGen’s wide array of fingerprint device drivers and SDKs for Windows, Linux, and a range of embedded OSs. The iD-USB SC/PIV contains an HID smart card reader that is PCSC compliant therefore drivers come standard with Windows and are available for other environments as well.
Some key features of the SecuGen iD-USB SC/PIV are:
1) Fully FIPS 201/PIV compliant fingerprint reader with Smart Capture™ and Auto-On™.
2) Fully FIPS 201/PIV, ISO 7816, and EMV2 2000 Level 1 compliant PC/SC smart card reader.
3) Fully FIPS 201/PIV compliant fingerprint template extraction and matching. algorithms available at no additional charge.
4) Two factor authentication in one convenient device.
5) Surface mountable case design.
The SecuGen iD-USB SC/PIV joins the iD-USB SC and the iD-Serial in SecuGen’s new and expanding iD-Series of biometric fingerprint readers.
“Our partners are working on a wide variety of PIV related projects,” stated Dan Riley, SecuGen’s Vice President of Engineering. “This combination of PIV certified fingerprint biometrics and PIV smart cards will empower our partners in their efforts. From the PIV certified readers to the PIV fingerprint algorithms, we are proud of the work that our engineers have done in creating this product to address these needs.”
Won Lee, CEO of SecuGen, added, “We are very excited about this product launch. It is another clear indication of SecuGen’s relentless pursuit of excellence in product design and manufacturing. We will never cease in those efforts. The SecuGen iD-USB SC/PV is a very important milestone in that process.”
SecuGen Corporation (www.secugen.com) is the world’s leading provider of advanced, optical fingerprint recognition technology, products, tools and platforms for physical and information security. SecuGen designs and develops FBI-certified fingerprint readers and OEM components, developer kits and software, including NIST/MINEX-compliant algorithms. Known for high quality, ruggedness, and performance in a wide variety of applications and environmental conditions, SecuGen products are used by world-leading financial, medical, government, educational and corporate institutions and are sold through a partner network of over 200 original equipment manufacturers, independent software vendors and system integrators around the world.
- SecuGen India is Now Open for Business
- SecuGen Releases SDK for Fingerprint Authentication on Android
- SecuGen to Demonstrate Fingerprint Technology for Android at CES
- STQC Certifies SecuGen Hamster IV Fingerprint Reader for India’s UID Project
- Biometric Security for SAP(R) Available using SecuGen(R) Hamster(TM) Fingerprint Readers with bioLock(TM) Software