DALLAS, Texas (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Businesses that generate hazardous waste in Texas must assure their operations comply with both the Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations and the additional mandates imposed by the Texas Commission of Environmental Quality (TCEQ). Annual training is required by law.
Lion Technology Inc., a nationally renowned regulatory compliance training firm, will present its three-day workshops on advanced Federal and Texas-specific industrial and hazardous waste management. Day one and two provide advanced in-depth training on the Federal Hazardous Waste Regulations. Day three focuses on the additional Texas mandates as provided in the Texas Industrial & Hazardous Waste Regulations. Workshops will be held in Dallas on Sep. 29-Oct. 1 and in Houston on Oct. 4-6, 2010.
Tuition for the Federal and Texas-specific combined workshop is $1,095 per person, with group discounts available. Registration includes three days of hands-on instruction, comprehensive references including both the Federal and State hazardous and industrial waste regulations, networking luncheon, certificate of achievement, and 365 days of follow-up support. Group discounts apply to three or more registrations.
Sign-in is at 7:30 a.m., and training starts at 8:30 a.m. Pre-registration is recommended.
To register, call (888) 546-6511 or visit www.Lion.com . If the workshops are purchased individually, the two-day advanced Federal course is $895 per person, and the Texas-specific course is $495 per person.
Training topics include:
- What is regulated hazardous and industrial waste.
- The unique rules for paint, pesticides, mercury-containing thermostats, and lamps.
- How to properly manage these materials on site.
- What are the additional Texas rules for managing waste.
- What waste management activities require a permit.
- Record keeping, notifications, and reporting requirements.
- How to ship and complete the hazardous waste manifest.
- Rules for recycling and disposal.
About Lion Technology:
Since 1977, more than 100,000 professionals have relied on Lion Technology to meet their regulatory compliance training needs. Lion offers comprehensive training and resources in the area of environmental, hazardous materials/dangerous goods transportation, and workplace health and safety compliance. Training is offered through nationwide public workshops, live web seminars, online courses, and on-site programs. Regulatory support services and consulting are provided to assist industry comply with Federal and State laws and regulations.
More information: www.Lion.com .
Plain text copy of press release (and media contact)
PDF copy of press release (and media contact)
STORY REFERENCES: Assure Regulatory Compliance with Lion Technology’s Hazardous Waste Management Training, lion technology, advanced hazardous waste management, hazardous waste, waste management, industrial waste, Texas, rcra, rcra p37b, rcra training, rcra regulations, Texas regulations, compliance, TCEQ, TNRCC
- Compliance Workshops to Explain Complex Hazardous Waste Regulations
- FAA Warning for Shipping Lithium Batteries Prompts Critical Need for Training
- Department of Transportation Requires Compliance with New Regulations for Shipping Hazardous Materials
- West Coast Training to Clarify Complex Environmental Regulations
- Lion Technology Presenting Hazardous Waste Management Fall Workshops for Midwest Companies