PEORIA, Ill. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine (SIRM) announced that they will be donating free In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) treatments at upcoming fertility education seminars in Peoria, IL on Wednesday, Sept. 22, and Dallas, TX on Sunday, Sept. 26.
The donated treatment cycles are part of the Sher Institute “Giving Back” Program, which includes these initiatives and many more:
* Donation of seven IVF cycles to patients in Las Vegas, Dallas and New Jersey earlier this year. The value of each donated cycle is approximately $10,000
* Offering discounted egg freezing for cancer patients through Fertile Hope’s “Sharing Hope” program.
* Providing free fertility evaluations at most SIRM offices.
* Hosting free, infertility seminars at SIRM locations throughout the country.
“Given the economic challenges many families are facing, my colleagues and I are struck by the number of patients who come to see us seeking treatment only to learn that the cost is beyond their reach,” SIRM Founder and Executive Medical Director Geoffrey Sher, M.D. said.
The country continues to suffer the effects of the economic downturn, which has affected not only people’s ability to pay for treatment, but the availability of financing for the procedures as well.
The seminars will include presentations by Dr. Geoffrey Sher, Dr. Walid Saleh and Dr. Gary Horowitz, followed by a town hall style question/answer session with the doctors. Those who would like to register for one of the seminars can find information on the Sher Institute Web site at www.haveababy.com.
Helping patients gain access to treatment has long been a driving philosophy of the Sher Institute. During the last three decades, Dr. Sher and the Sher Institute have donated hundreds of free treatments to patients and couples from all over the country.
About the Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine(R) (SIRM(R)):
The Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine is a national network of fertility clinics with specializing in cutting-edge technology, personalized treatment and compassionate care. SIRM treats a full range of fertility issues including PCOS, Endometriosis, Unexplained Infertility, Recurrent Miscarriage, and Immunologic Infertility issues. SIRM Founder Dr. Geoffrey Sher established the first private In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) program in the United States in 1982. Dr. Sher and his colleagues have been influential in the development of dozens of important breakthroughs in the field of reproductive care. Sher Institute has fertility clinics in Sacramento, CA; Las Vegas, NV; Dallas, TX; St. Louis, MO; Peoria, IL; Bedminster and Phillipsburg, NJ; New York City and Westchester, NY.
Further information about the Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine can be found on the SIRM Web site at www.haveababy.com .
Plain text copy of press release (and media contact)
PDF copy of press release (and media contact)
STORY REFERENCES: Sher Institute to Donate Free IVF Treatments at Upcoming Seminars – Dallas and Peoria Donations Part of Sher Institute ‘Giving Back’ Program, Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine, SIRM, Geoffrey Sher, M.D., IVF treatment, free In-Vitro Fertilization treatments, fertility clinics, PCOS, Endometriosis, Unexplained Infertility, Recurrent Miscarriage, and Immunologic Infertility issues, Dr. Walid Saleh and Dr. Gary Horowitz
- Lehigh Valley Couple Receives Early Christmas Present: Free IVF Treatment
- Hudson Valley Couple Receives Early Christmas Present: Free IVF Treatment
- Sher Fertility Institute Donating Free IVF Treatments – Donations Coincide with Infertility Awareness Week and Mother’s Day
- Protege of Nobel Prize Winner Robert Edwards Carries on his IVF Legacy
- Fertility Doctor and Musician Son Collaborate on Inspirational Song and Video for Infertility Patients