KIRKLAND, Wash., March 22 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — On Sunday April 3 in Las Vegas, Nevada, the “3 in 4 Need More” campaign will make its second public appearance, following the first in Atlanta, Georgia, on March 8. The campaign seeks to inform Americans that health insurance isn’t enough. Millions of us need more: some form of long-term care insurance or planning to cover longer-lasting illnesses and disabilities not covered by regular insurance or Medicare. “The awareness gap is huge,” says Peter S. Gelbwaks, Advisory Board member of the 3in4 Association, promoters of the “3 in 4 Need More” campaign.
According to a 2010 “Long-Term Care Cost Study” conducted by Prudential Insurance Company of American, 77% of respondents – about 3 in 4 – agreed that “I Should Know More About LTCi Than I Currently Do.”
The key presenter at the briefing will be Dr. Marion Somers, the long-term care planning advocate who is a frequent guest on programs such as Good Morning America, Today Show, and NBC Nightly News.
The briefing will occur from 1:15 p.m. to 1:50 p.m. on Sunday, April 3, at the Las Vegas Tropicana Hotel in Montecristo 1-2, during the 2011 LTCi Producers Summit, run by the American Association for Long-Term Care Insurance. Press representatives as well as long-term care insurance agents and executives are welcome to attend.
Points to be covered include:
* Why the 3 in 4 Need More campaign is needed: to drive home the fact that most Americans lack protection for longer-lasting illnesses and disabilities, and need to do something about it before their finances or family life are threatened.
* How the campaign’s logo and educational materials will inform the public and raise awareness.
* How additional education will take place through public relations and social networking on the Internet.
* How the public may learn if long-term care insurance is appropriate, and what policy options make sense in different circumstances.
* How the campaign will communicate other long-term care options, which may be appropriate for many. These options include Medicaid for those without resources; the public option for long-term care insurance (once it is implemented); and other protections such as annuities and health savings accounts.
“We look forward to Dr. Marion’s presentation,” says Terry L. Truesdell, Advisory Board member of the 3in4 Association. “Dr. Marion’s words promise to be inspiring as well as informative.” Other speakers will include 3in4 Association and insurance carrier executives.
“The campaign is gaining momentum,” says Gelbwaks. “We think it has the potential to rival the impact of the ‘Got Milk? Campaign,’ and could double or triple the number of protected Americans.”
The March 8 briefing in Atlanta was held in conjunction with the Eleventh Annual Intercompany Long Term Care Insurance Conference. Video highlights are available at http://www.youtube.com/3in4needmore .
More information about “3 in 4 Need More” is available at the campaign’s website: www.3in4needmore.com .
The 3in4 Association is a nonprofit corporation exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Photo Caption: Long-term care advocate Dr. Marion Somers.
- RSS news feed for 3in4 Association: http://send2pressnewswire.com/author/3in4-association/feed .
- 3in4 Association Announces Strategic Partnership with Care Options OnLine (COOL) with Resources for Long-Term Care Planning and Wellness
- Texas Partnership and 3in4 Association Team Up to Showcase Long-Term Care Planning
- Long-Term Care Awareness Campaign ’3 in 4 Need More’ Gains Additional Support and New Board Members
- Consumers Remain in Denial about Planning for Long-Term Care According to New Study
- Long-term Care Advocate Dr. Marion Finds Common Ground with the Dalai Lama and Tibet’s Prime Minister in Exile