OWENSBORO, Ky., April 12 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Moonlite Bar-B-Q has done it again. For the second year in a row, Kentucky Living Magazine readers voted and made their voices heard – Moonlite has the best barbecue in Kentucky.
In March, Kentucky Living staff asked its readers to send in their votes for 18 of Kentucky’s “Best Ofs” – from fishing spots and antique shops to barbecue joints. There were many great choices in all categories, but only a few prevailed.
Family-owned Moonlite Bar-B-Q is well-known all around Kentucky for its barbecue mutton and ribs, burgoo (a spicy stew) and country ham.
“It’s the ‘family touch’ that makes it so good,” says Patrick Bosley, manager of Moonlite Bar-B-Q. “We’re on our fourth generation of family working here. Barbecue is nothing but hard work. For example, it takes 12 hours to cook mutton. That attention to detail, coupled with a great atmosphere make for a memorable experience.”
Bosley believes that it’s not just about the food – the atmosphere and how people are treated also count.
“We treat our customers like friends and family,” he adds. “We’re lucky to bring it all to the table.”
And, although family owned and operated, Moonlite Bar-B-Q has 140 employees. It has a USDA-processing facility from which they sell wholesale barbecue to other restaurants and stores; it has a catering service that can cater anywhere in the U.S.; and there is also an online mail order service for multiple products including brisket, sauces, ribs and more.
“Our newest product was created due to popular demand,” adds Bosley. “It’s called ‘Moondust’ and is a barbecue rub that has no MSG or salt. It’s on the spicy side with a base of smoked paprika.”
Moonlite Bar-B-Q’s motto is: “When only the best will do…Moonlite Bar-B-Q.” Well, it appears that this motto has been put to the test and they delivered.
- Photo Caption: Patrick Bosley, and Moonlite Bar-B-Q Voted Best in Kentucky.
- News RSS feed for Moonlite Bar-B-Q: http://send2pressnewswire.com/author/moonlite-bar-b-q-inn/feed .
News Source: Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
- Moonlite Bar-B-Q-Inn Celebrates 50 Years of Smoke and Friends
- Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn Cooks Kentucky Derby Favorite with Iron Chef Bobby Flay
- Kentucky’s Best Barbecue: Moonlite Bar-B-Q Hosts Employee Reunion to Celebrate Multiple Victories
- Kentucky’s Best Bar-B-Q: Moonlite Bar-B-Q’s Stunning Set of Victories Continue
- ‘Kentucky Monthly’ Votes Moonlite the Best Barbecue in Kentucky for the Fifth Year in a Row