NEW YORK, N.Y., Aug. 24, 2011 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Images of the allegorical tribute to teen idol Justin Bieber, created by controversial New York artist Daniel Edwards, are being released by Cory Allen Contemporary Art this week.
“Allegory of a Teen Sex Symbol (Justin Bieber)” shows a symbolic representation, in a manner inspired by renaissance painter Giuseppe Acrimboldo’s portraits created from assemblages of fruit, and groupie Cynthia Plaster Caster’s famous series of plaster casts of 60s rock stars.
“Daniel is commenting on how young celebrities grow up too fast in the media – how they are often sexualized too soon,” said the artist’s representative Cory Allen.
“It would be naive and hypocritical for anyone to be offended by this simple sculpture, yet be apathetic towards the plethora of images to which they subject themselves on a daily basis,” said Daniel Edwards, “I stand by the work.”
About Daniel Edwards:
Daniel Edwards is a professor of sculpture at the New York Academy of Art, who also publishes books on art at independent publishing house AppleParrot. His past works include “Monument to Pro-Life,” which featured Britney Spears giving birth on a bearskin rug, a portrait bust of Hillary Clinton imagined as the first woman president of the United States, which exhibited at New York’s Museum of Sex, and “Paris Hilton Autopsy,” an interactive sculpture of Hilton, which warned teenagers about the hazards of driving under the influence.
No celebrity endorsement claimed or implied.
- Image caption: “Allegory of a Teen Sex Symbol (Justin Bieber)” by Daniel Edwards.
News Source: Cory Allen Contemporary Art :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
- Leaked 3D Ultrasounds of Kimye and the Duchess of Cambridge: Prenatal Portraits of Celebrity Babies in Upcoming L.A. Unveiling
- MONOPOLY Game ‘Comes to Life’ in L.A. Exhibit
- Downey Jr., LiLo, and Swift Represent Celebrity Past, Present, and Future in LA Exhibit
- Artist Encourages Apple to ‘Think Different’ with Steve Jobs Action Figure Sculpture
- Virgin Mary in Bondage Causes Stir with Community in Women’s Rights Protest