MOUNTAIN LAKES, N.J., Sept. 7, 2011 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — U.S. enterprises and consumers are expected to spend more than $44 billion over the next five years on Ethernet services provided by carriers, according to a new market research study from The Insight Research Corporation. With metro-area and wide-area Ethernet services readily available from virtually all major data service providers, the market is expected to grow from $4.0 billion in 2011 to reach nearly $11.1 billion by 2016.
According to Insight Research’s market analysis study, “Carriers and Ethernet Services: Public Ethernet in Metro & Wide Area Networks, 2011-2016,” Ethernet’s central driver continues to be its ability to meet seemingly endlessly growing bandwidth demands at lower cost and with greater flexibility than competing services. While the emergence of new high-bandwidth 40- and 100- Gigabit/s services is proceeding slowly, due largely to high current equipment prices, these will become increasingly important during the 2011-2016 forecast period.
Ethernet services are marketed under various names: transparent or native LAN, Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, GigE, metro Ethernet, Ethernet private line, Ethernet virtual private line, Layer 2 virtual private network, Ethernet access, and virtual private LAN service.
“Wireless backhaul is the fastest-growing sector within the Ethernet marketplace,” says Robert Rosenberg, president of Insight Research. “Ethernet can provide the necessary backhaul at lower unit costs and with greater flexibility than the older technology. The market continues to be paced by voracious bandwidth demands from its longstanding key verticals such as finance, schools, government and healthcare-whose data transmission requirements continue to grow rapidly,” Rosenberg concluded.
“Carriers and Ethernet Services: Public Ethernet in Metro & Wide Area Networks, 2011-2016″ examines carrier Ethernet market spending and usage patterns by topology (E-line, E-LAN, and access), regional domain (metro, wide-area, and access), retail/wholesale, and various bandwidth levels.
An excerpt of this carrier Ethernet services market research report, table of contents, and ordering information is available online at http://www.insight-corp.com/reports/ethernet11.asp . This 162-page report is available immediately for $4,695 in an electronic format (PDF) and can be ordered online.
- RSS news feed for Insight Research: http://send2pressnewswire.com/author/insight-research-corporation/feed .
News Source: Insight Research Corporation :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
- Businesses Worldwide Will Spend $152 Billion on Managed Telecommunications Services in 2013, says Insight Research Corp.
- US Telecommunications Private Line Services Revenue to Plateau at $35 Billion in 2013, says Insight Research Corp.
- Worldwide Telecommunications Industry Revenue to Reach $2.2 Trillion in 2013, says Insight Research Corp.
- Financial Services Companies Will Spend $1 Trillion on Telecommunications Services and Equipment Over The Next Five Years, Says Insight Research
- Telecommunications Capital Expenditures Spending to Hit $1.2 Trillion over Five Years, says Insight Research