SUNNYVALE, Calif., Sept. 13, 2011 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The most recent report released by Remodelormove.com revealed that the number of homeowners reporting that the economy is affecting their remodeling plans has jumped from 69% in the spring of 2011 to almost 80% this fall.
“The fall 2011 U.S. Remodeling Sentiment Report shows that after a year of stabilization in 2010, the unrelenting bad news about the economy this summer is driving many homeowners to reconsider and either delay or scale back their remodeling plans,” says Dan Fritschen, founder of www.remodelormove.com .
Further evidence of the dour mood of homeowners is the number of respondents who report that they plan to use “economy” materials in their remodel; this rose to 77% in this most recent report, up from 68% at the beginning of 2011.
Other findings include:
* 19% of homeowners report their goal is to remodel to create their dream home, while 58% hope to remodel with the goal of adding a few special features to their homes.
* Most homeowners in this survey, 51%, say they are excited about remodeling, but 11% are dreading the process, costs, inconveniences, and mess.
In this latest report homeowners reported they are planning to:
Hire an architect 48%
Hire a general contractor 67%
Do some of the work themselves 62%
Remodel bathrooms 47%
Add a bathroom 51%
Remodel their kitchen 48%
Finish a basement 13%
Finish an attic 6%
Enlarge or add a garage 17%
A detailed report is available at: http://www.remodelormove.com/shopping/view_product.cfm?pID=42 .
Additional information can be found at: http://www.remodelormove.com/survey_reports.cfm .
To learn more about home value appreciation estimates, visit: www.remodelestimates.com .
- News RSS feed for ABCD: http://send2pressnewswire.com/topics/abcd-publishing-llc/feed .
News Source: ABCD Publishing LLC :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
- RemodelOrMove.com Interior Design app receives award for one of the 10 best apps of 2012
- The Black Friday Bargain: Why NOW Is the Time to Start Buying for your Remodel
- A Winning Kitchen Remodel Recipe: 4 Secret Ingredients for Success
- Luxury is Back for Home Remodeling
- To Remodel or Not to Remodel: Seven Questions Homeowners Need to Ask Before Commencing Construction