PHOENIX, Ariz., Sept. 16, 2011 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Sky Ball League, the exciting next generation coed pro sport, begins airing the first of the two-part Tournament of Champions this weekend on Fox Sports Arizona, Saturday, September 17 at 9:30 a.m. This is the culmination of Sky Ball League’s first season. Sky Ball League is also seen nationally on Dish and DirecTV.
The series’ weekly audience, which has been steadily growing since the sport hit the air in June, now has a viewership of nearly a million.
Previously shot in Los Angeles, the championship play-by-play is announced by Van Earl Wright, former CNN anchor and a past host on FSN Final Score. Vying for the $40,000 purse are the Los Angeles 405s and the Youngstown Ballers. The MVP pockets an additional $5,000.
Game highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAa3XfckDbM .
The four teams that were formed and competed in the first season of Sky Ball League ( www.skyballleague.com ) were the Austin Starz, Los Angeles 405s, Tampa Dragons, and Youngstown Ballers.
- Sky Ball League Ends First Pro Season – Final Game Airs Saturday on Sports New York
- Sky Ball League Begins Airing Championship Games in Florida
- TV Show Highlights New Coed Pro Sport – Sky Ball League Airs Across New York State This Weekend
- New Pro Sport Explodes Across Arizona as Semi-Finals Begin Airing
- Florida Eyes Tampa Dragons as They Take on Los Angeles 405s in New Pro Ball League Semi-Finals