WATERLOO, Canada, Oct. 4, 2011 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — RoweBots Inc., the leading supplier of tiny embedded Linux-compatible real-time operating systems (RTOS) products, today announced that the Unison™ Operating System (OS) is a core component in a variety of medical equipment. The Unison OS controls operating room equipment, intelligent eyewear and other advanced medical devices for the home, physician’s offices and hospitals.
The launch and release of Unison OS, Version 5.2 along with the Xilinx Microblaze softcore made this technology possible. Unison provides the key, high-performance software framework required. The Unison ultra-tiny embedded Linux-compatible RTOS opens a broad set of medical, embedded or imaging applications to Linux- and POSIX-compatible development with extensive connectivity options, data storage and substantially enhanced performance on the same hardware.
John Soloninka from HTX, one of Canada’s leading medical research organizations had this to say: “HTX saw great value in RoweBots. This collaboration produced the next generation of embedded microprocessors. Xilinx combined with the powerful Unison embedded operating system reduces the cost and time to produce more powerful medical devices.”
Unison’s open standards or Linux compatibility, ultra tiny size, zero boot time, high performance and modularity are the key features which substantially reduce system development risk, cost and time. Over 50 Unison demonstration programs run out of the box on Xilinx Microblaze development kits in 10 minutes.
Using Unison Version 5.2, you get instant results. Unison’s newest features include:
* USB host and device I/O (http://rowebots.com/embedded_system_software/usb_stack )
* Extensive wireless I/O (http://rowebots.com/embedded_system_software/wireless_protocols )
– 802.15.4 SimpliciTI
* Enhanced networking
– TCP IPv6 with IPv4 (http://rowebots.com/Embedded_System_Software/TCP_IP_Stack )
– SNMP v1, 2c, 3 (http://rowebots.com/embedded_system_software/networking_protocols )
* Compact Flash File system (http://rowebots.com/Embedded_System_Software/Embedded_file_system )
* High performance PCIe
* Remedy Tools
– RED Analyzer (http://rowebots.com/embedded_software_development/remedy_red_analyzer )
– Bootloader (http://www.rowebots.com/embedded_software_development/remedy_bootloader )
See the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5ata2rdzOw .
Unison V5.2 and V4.2 are shipping. Commercial licenses for Unison OS with serial I/O and a file system start at $999 USD.
Xilinx is the world leader in FPGAs.
About RoweBots Research Inc.:
RoweBots is developing the next generation of modular system on chip ultra tiny embedded Linux software for embedded OEM applications For more information, visit the RoweBots web site www.rowebots.com.
Trademarks: Unison is a registered trademark of RoweBots Research Inc. All other product and company names are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Image Caption: Unison OS 5.2 provides an ultra tiny POSIX operating system on the Xilinx Microblaze softcore with extensive I/O options including high performance PCIe and USB.
News Source: RoweBots Research Inc. :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
- RoweBots MCU Wireless Connectivity Becomes Latest Addition to the Embedded Software Store
- RoweBots’ Unison RTOS Now Available from the Embedded Software Store
- RoweBots Releases Ultra-Tiny Embedded-Linux RTOS V5.2 for Texas Instruments’ Microcontrollers
- Unison Ultra Tiny Linux OS Now Available for Renesas Electronics RX MCUs
- RoweBots Releases Unison Operating System Version Five with IAR Systems Development Tools