LAKE FOREST, Calif., Feb. 7, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Professional Community Management (PCM) proudly announced General Manager Jerry Storage, Towers Director Judie Zoerhof and Government and Governmental and Public Affairs Manager Wendy Bucknum at Laguna Woods Village were honored at the California Associations Institute Orange County Regional Chapter Excellence in Community Awards Dinner on Friday, February 3.
“Every year that I attend the awards dinner, I am so honored and proud of the people I call my clients, colleagues and friends,” said Donny Disbro, Chief Executive Officer of PCM. “The winners and nominees exemplify the passion and dedication to service that has made our company and industry what it is today.”
This year’s PCM winners are:
* Jerry Storage, Vice President of PCM and General Manager of Laguna Woods Village, received the Manager of the Year Award (large-scale management category) for his success on meeting the needs of the client, open communication, and for keeping abreast of industry developments;
* Judie Zoerhof, Manager of Rossmoor Towers in Laguna Woods, received Manager of the Year honors (high-rise category) for initiating and overseeing a marketing strategy that resulted in sales inventory at Towers decreasing by half in 2010, and leases increasing by 35 percent over the same time period;
* Wendy Bucknum, Governmental and Public Affairs Manager, received the Committee of the Year Award as a part of the CAI Public Relations Committee. In 2011, the Committee created YouTube videos and created press releases for events and accomplishments, successfully increasing awareness about the chapter.
Additionally, several board members from PCM-managed communities as well as PCM team members received nominations for their service and dedication to the community association industry.
Board Members Catherine Brians and Roger Turner of Laguna Woods Village’s United Mutual were nominated for the Community Association Board Member of the Year in the Rookie Category, which is presented to a newer board member who demonstrated a high level of commitment and participation in their community.
The following were nominated for the Community Association Board Member of the Year in the Veteran Category which is presented to long-term members of their association board of directors:
* Ross Chun, President of the Aliso Viejo Community Association;
* Jeanne Kerr, Chair of the Landscape and Chair of the Rules and Regulations Ad-Hoc committees at Huntington Landmark;
* Jack Walley, Board Member at La Mirada Landmark.
Community Association Board Member of the Year nominees in the Hall of Fame Category:
* Wendy Fox, Secretary of the Board of Directors of the Woodbury East Community Association;
* Ruth May, Member of the Board of Directors for the Golden Rain Foundation of Laguna Woods;
* Joyce Saltzgiver, Member of the Board of Directors for the Casta del Sol Homeowners Association.
Community Manager Tawni Carpenter was nominated for the Community Manager of the Year in the Portfolio Category.
Debbie Alvarez, General Manager of Talega Galleries, was nominated for the Community Manager of the Year in the Large Scale Category.
About Professional Community Management of California:
Professional Community Management of California, Inc. (PCM), an Associa company, specializes in the management of Common Interest Developments of homeowner associations for family oriented master-planned developments, resort-style master-planned communities, active-adult master-planned communities, condominium associations and boutique communities throughout Southern California and Southern Nevada.
With headquarters in Lake Forest, Calif., PCM and its companies employ a staff of more than 1,500 people. PCM has offices in serving all of Southern California and Southern Nevada and is recognized by the Multi Housing Council as one of the county’s largest managers of common interest developments. Management services by PCM are backed by state-of-the art Internet technology and comprehensive financial and management systems. For additional information, please contact PCM at 800.369.7260 or at http://www.pcminternet.com .
News Source: Professional Community Management of California, Inc. :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .