NEW YORK, N.Y., April 24, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — CITYarts is celebrating 44 years of empowering international children and youth through art. CITYarts brings young people and professional artists together to create Public Art. Through this creative process, CITYarts empowers youth and connects children locally and around the world to become active participants in transforming communities.
This spring and summer, CITYarts will be working with international youth in London during the Olympics to create our 5th mosaic peace wall; as well as a mural in one of the most underserved school and community in East New York.
CITYarts will mark its 44th Anniversary by celebrating “10 Years of Young Minds Build Bridges Program Partnership with ALLIANZ” and honoring five individuals who are truly making a difference in the arts:
* Alberta Arthurs is a leader in the arts and humanities, and a counselor on planning, research, programming and advocacy issues in culture and education.
* Bill Baker is the President Emeritus of Channel 13 whose commitment to arts and culture has influenced people of all ages, races and nationalities.
* Will Barnet is a distinguished artist and recipient of the 2011 National Medal of Arts, his work is collected by major museums internationally.
* David Finn is the co-founder and Chairman of Ruder Finn Inc. and a celebrated photographer, painter, and writer.
* Irwin Jaeger is a passionate leader dedicated to arts education in underserved communities.
In recognition of their accomplishments and inspiration to youth, the honorees will receive awards presented by young people who have participated in CITYarts projects.
“CITYarts is proud to celebrate 44 years of incredible collaborations between artists and young people, which have transformed communities and impacted lives. We believe that our projects encourage our youth to become active participants in shaping their communities and their futures. Thinking globally and acting locally, CITYarts’ Pieces for Peace project is now in 61 countries connecting youth around the world,” said Tsipi Ben-Haim, Executive & Creative Director, CITYarts, Inc.
Many world renowned artists who have supported CITYarts in the past will be included in the benefit auction. Such as Christo, William Wegman, Tony Bechara, among others, as well as emerging international artists.
This year, funds raised will support CITYarts’ on-going efforts to Make a Difference Through the Arts. Since 1968, contributions to CITYarts have enabled us to work with over 100,000 kids in New York and over 5,000 kids internationally, collaborate with over 500 artists, partner with over 1,500 sponsors, and engage over 500,000 volunteers in the creative process. CITYarts has revitalized and transformed the neighborhoods of New York City and internationally through more than 285 public art projects, including murals, mosaics, and sculptures. “I strongly believe that when kids create, they do not destroy,” said Tsipi Ben-Haim.
For more information, visit: http://cityarts.org .
News Source: CITYarts, Inc. :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .