MOUNTAIN LAKES, N.J., May 17, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The U.S. telecommunications industry continues to expand as business spending for wireless services fuels industry revenue growth, says a new market research report from Insight Research. Insight estimates that all U.S. businesses will spend $154 billion for telecommunications services in 2012 and business spending on wired and wireless calling will grow to $184 billion by the close of 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8 percent over the forecast period.
Insight’s newly released market analysis report, “Telecom Services in Vertical Markets, 2011-2016″ found that business spending for cellular and other wireless services is creating all of the growth. While U.S. business spending for wireline services is essentially flat over the five year forecast horizon, wireless expenditures are expected to grow at a compounded rate of 9.4 percent over the period of 2011-2016.
Four vertical industries – wholesale trade; financial, insurance, and real estate services; professional business services; and communications – account for 68 percent of total business telecom expenditures in 2011. The study analyzes 14 vertical industries categorized by the NAICS, and focuses on corporate spending for wireline and wireless telecommunications services in each of the 14 industries.
“The U.S. telecommunications industry continues to show modest revenue growth, driven by business Internet and mobility solutions,” says Fran Caulfield, Research Director for Insight Research (www.insight-corp.com). “As U.S. business activity recovers, employment and network traffic increase. In parallel, business applications shift to the cloud and end users shift to wireless access, driving higher network and wireless revenues for service providers,” Caulfield concluded.
An excerpt of this market research report, table of contents, and ordering information are available online http://www.insight-corp.com/reports/vert11.asp . This 120-page report is available immediately for $3,995 (hard copy). Electronic (PDF) reports can be ordered online.
News Source: Insight Research Corporation :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .
- Businesses Worldwide Will Spend $152 Billion on Managed Telecommunications Services in 2013, says Insight Research Corp.
- US Telecommunications Private Line Services Revenue to Plateau at $35 Billion in 2013, says Insight Research Corp.
- Worldwide Telecommunications Industry Revenue to Reach $2.2 Trillion in 2013, says Insight Research Corp.
- Financial Services Companies Will Spend $1 Trillion on Telecommunications Services and Equipment Over The Next Five Years, Says Insight Research
- Telecommunications Capital Expenditures Spending to Hit $1.2 Trillion over Five Years, says Insight Research