ASHEVILLE, N.C. and ANAHEIM, Calif. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The Bob Moog Foundation (BMF) will celebrate the indelible nature of the synthesizer pioneer’s legacy at the 2013 NAMM Show in Anaheim, California. Beginning on Thursday, January 24, NAMM attendees will have opportunities to see and hear demonstrations of vintage Moog instruments and explore rarely seen archival material from the Bob Moog Foundation Archives.
About The Bob Moog FoundationThe Bob Moog Foundation was created upon Bob's passing in August 2005. After witnessing the outpouring of thousands of testimonials from people around the world who had been touched by Bob's work, Bob's family and colleagues established the foundation to carry on his legacy. The Foundation officially launched a year later in August 2006, and is based in Asheville, North Carolina. After volunteering her time as director for over a year, Michelle Moog-Koussa, Bob's third daughter became the full-time executive director in February of 2007. Over the course of the past several years, Michelle, the Board, and a team of dedicated volunteers have been leading the foundation to fulfill our goals of creating a Moogseum, preserving Bob's archive and bringing electronic music into the schools as a vehicle to teach children about science, music and innovation. In the past few years, we have been supported by donors around the world who are passionate about Bob Moog's legacy and by organizations throughout the music industry. The Bob Moog Foundation is an independent non-profit organization which is not formally affiliated with Moog Music, Inc., the company that manufactures Moog(R) instruments.
Author Archive | The Bob Moog Foundation
Bob Moog Foundation to Inspire the 2013 NAMM Show through Legendary Instruments and Archival Exploration
Bob Moog Foundation’s Educational Initiative Ignites Rare Collaboration Between Asheville City School and Buncombe County Schools
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Dr. Bob’s SoundSchool (DBSS), the Bob Moog Foundation’s hallmark educational project, is expanding to serve two school districts in Western North Carolina. Twenty-five teachers from Asheville City Schools and Buncombe County Schools will be teaching the 10-week curriculum to over 500 second grade students beginning in January. This marks the first time that the two school districts have collaborated on a teaching program.
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — In celebration of its recent six-year anniversary, the non-profit Bob Moog Foundation is pleased to announce a generous donation from American synthesist Roger Powell: a dual-manual keyboard that Moog Music custom built for him in 1974. The keyboard, which Powell acquired shortly after joining Todd Rundgren’s Utopia, was part of [...]
Bob Moog Foundation and Museum of Making Music Auction a Moog Synthesizer Signed by Jazz Greats Herbie Hancock and George Duke
ASHEVILLE, N.C. and CARLSBAD, Calif. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The Bob Moog Foundation and the Museum of Making Music are delighted to announce the joint auction of a Moog Little Phatty Stage II(R) synthesizer signed by jazz fusion legends Herbie Hancock and George Duke. The auction, which benefits both organizations, will be hosted on the Bob Moog Foundation eBay portal from Sept. 8 to Sept. 18, 2011.
Bob Moog Foundation Celebrates 5th Anniversary with Refreshed Program Direction, Music EP, Limited Edition Poster and Legacy Apparel
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Sunday, August 21, 2011 marked the sixth anniversary of Bob Moog’s passing and the fifth anniversary of the Bob Moog Foundation’s formal launch. In celebration of that milestone, the Foundation is making daily announcements of new projects, branding and fundraising opportunities. Monday, August 22 saw the launch of the Moogstress blog, written by Michelle Moog-Koussa.
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The Bob Moog Foundation today announced that music software developer Spectrasonics has launched a unique, multi-faceted tribute to honor the legacy of synthesizer pioneer Dr. Robert Moog. Spectrasonics has released the ‘Bob Moog Tribute Library’ created by renowned artists for Spectrasonics’ Omnisphere virtual instrument software, and also kicked off a contest designed around the library.
Explore Send2Press Newswire for Journalists:
Subscribe and Connect:
Receive a Send2Press® Newswire Once Daily Press Release Summary by E-Mail (powered by Google).
- Huskies for Adoption Hermosa Beach Saturday May 25, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tue, 21 May 2013
- Blue Horizon International Exhibits at World Stem Cells Congress Tue, 21 May 2013
- You want a Voice? You have a Choice! Tue, 21 May 2013
- EPIC Creates Healthcare Engagement Video Series Tue, 21 May 2013
- EPIC adds Power Brokers Kathleen Felderman and Jonathan Griffiths and launches Denver office Mon, 20 May 2013
- Banks Will Become Prime Places to Learn About Long-Term Care Insurance, Predicts LTC Partners and Insurance Services Mon, 20 May 2013
- Get WinX DVD Ripper Platinum License Code for Best Price Ever – Free Lifetime Upgrade Guaranteed Sat, 18 May 2013
- DualCool Delvers Proven Results for Walmart and PG&E Wed, 01 May 2013
- Food Finders Celebrates 100 MILLION Pounds of Food Rescued Mon, 29 Apr 2013
- Gunther’s Games Arcade Reopens on Broadway Fri, 26 Apr 2013
- Teenage entrepreneur-led Bulldog Lighting leading the push for California legislators to pass proposed ‘Made in the USA labeling’ bill Fri, 26 Apr 2013
- California Mortgage Bankers Association Names The Compliance Group President Annemaria Allen to its Board of Directors Fri, 26 Apr 2013
- LendingQB Named a Top 50 Technology Service Provider for First Time Fri, 26 Apr 2013
- Food Finders Kicks Off its 3rd Annual ‘Summer To End Hunger’ Food Drive Thu, 25 Apr 2013