FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Allstar Coaches, the national RV rental dealer based in Florida, has announced today that it stands ready to assist in the wake of Hurricane Isaac. Allstar provided more than 30 RV rentals to government agencies, the Red Cross and various utility and insurance companies following Hurricane Katrina. ‘As a Florida based company we profoundly understand what is needed after a storm and we’ll do what we can to help,’ says Rob Tischler CEO of Allstar.
Archive | Global Aid and Disaster Relief RSS feed for this section
JIQUILISCO, El Salvador, Oct. 20, 2011 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — A tropical depression in the Pacific, coupled with a weather front stemming from Hurricane Jova in the Atlantic, converged on El Salvador this weekend to cause what appears to be the largest disaster in a generation. EcoViva, an international development organization based in Oakland, California, has been in close contact with its local partner organization in Jiquilisco, the Mangrove Association, to assess damages and raise funds for both immediate relief and future reconstruction.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Nashville based singer-songwriter Kenny Foster, a Joplin, Missouri native, has written a song based on the May 22 tornado that ravaged his hometown one month ago today, destroyed his childhood home and trapped his family in the crawl space of their home before they were rescued. Called ‘Hometown,’ Foster’s powerful song details the emotional aftermath of the disaster, as affected families try to sort through the emotional wreckage and find a way to move on.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The Libya Relief Fund, a volunteer-driven charity organization established to provide relief and aid to those affected by the humanitarian disaster in Libya, today launched a nationwide appeal and fundraising campaign designed to raise awareness of the human and social crisis unfolding in Libya and educate the general public on the nature of the conflict, the Feb. 17 movement, and the Libyan people’s struggle for freedom and human rights and the inhumane repression that followed.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The World Mind Network and Friends Beyond Borders have announced WikiGeeks, a coordinated effort among teams of university students to utilize commonly available Web 2.0 and social networking tools to create online Flash Mobs which will promote sustainability, environmental protection, and cultural preservation in selected Third World villages.
MIAMI, Fla. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Henry Oliver Ford, president of World Food Association Organization S.A. Inc., (WFAO), is teaming up with aid organizations in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, and Santiago, Dominican Republic, to help with immediate assistance in Haiti. A 7.0-magnitude earthquake hit the island nation Tuesday, January 12, nearly destroying its capital Port-au-Prince and affecting a third of its entire population.
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — A local corporation is feeding an African country. World Food Association Organization S.A. Inc. (WFAO), will be shipping over 285,000 meals to Ghana thanks to the efforts of the 45 member team here in West Palm Beach and their leading management team based in Sao Paulo Brazil. On February 20 and 21, WFAO will be packaging 42,000 pounds of high-quality rice, sugar and vegetables that are fortified with vitamins and minerals.
WHITTIER, Calif. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Marinello Schools of Beauty, the leading chain of beauty schools on the West Coast, supports the Gulf coast clean up efforts by donating hair clippings to be made into hair booms and mats by the Matter of Trust charity. The public is invited to participate and enjoy $2 hair cuts from May 13th through May 20th in support of this cause. Clippings from hair cuts at all Marinello locations will be contributed.
SOROTI, Uganda – Aug. 30 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Three Loaves Fund announces a special appeal on behalf of our partner Pilgrim, a local Ugandan Christian relief organization. Unusually heavy rains in eight districts in Eastern Uganda have left over 50,000 homeless and in danger of starvation and disease, said the Ugandan Red Cross Society, as reported in The New Vision
Explore Send2Press Newswire for Journalists:
Subscribe and Connect:
Receive a Send2Press® Newswire Once Daily Press Release Summary by E-Mail (powered by Google).
- With Dementia Cases and Care Costs Set to Double by 2040, LTC Financial Partners Offers Long-Term Care ‘Solution Set’ for Affected Families Wed, 19 Jun 2013
- PennyMac Utilizing Quandis Technology to Automate Short Sale Transactions Tue, 18 Jun 2013
- Doggone Good Economic News: Ruth Roberts Music Lowers Prices on Songs about Animals on iTunes Tue, 18 Jun 2013
- EaseUS MobiSaver is the world’s first iPhone data recovery software to support iOS 7 Tue, 18 Jun 2013
- TopProdeals.com Rises to Top as Discount Dental Supply Leader Mon, 17 Jun 2013
- Phillips Productions of Dallas Changes Company Name to Phillips MediaSource Mon, 17 Jun 2013
- EPIC’s second video in healthcare series offers a clear, concise overview of the Affordable Care Act Mon, 17 Jun 2013
- Nude Pregnant Kim Kardashian ‘Fertility Statue’ Unveiling in L.A. Thu, 23 May 2013
- FirstClose Hires Industry Veteran Chip Caldwell as VP, Southeast Region Manager Fri, 17 May 2013
- LendingQB Incorporates Mortgage Insurance Underwriting Guidelines into its Automated Underwriting Engine Thu, 16 May 2013
- Free Data Recovery Software by Remo Software – Popular Remo Recover is now a Free Data Recovery Tool Thu, 16 May 2013
- Roemtech, LLC Announces its Newly Developed PMA-350H Mixer/Amplifier with Auto-HummBuster Technology Thu, 16 May 2013
- State Farm Grant provides Economics and Financial Literacy Training to Teachers and Students in California Wed, 15 May 2013
- E’shee Clinical Esthetic Receives 2013 Best of Philadelphia Award Wed, 15 May 2013