CAMBRIDGE, Mass., March 16, 2012 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Students from Harvard and Oxford, in cooperation with the World Mind Network, Peer to Peer Media Group, and the Creative Commons Initiative, are building a new social network dedicated to using advanced Web and Smart Phone tools to achieve goals in social change, academic research, environmental improvement, education, cultural preservation, and worldwide online discussion of important issues.
Tag Archives | World Mind Network
PALO ALTO, Calif., Nov. 14, 2011 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The World Mind Network, in conjunction with social network Mightybell (www.mightybell.com), is holding a contest between Stanford and UC Berkeley students to find the best example of the use of Mightybell software to create an experience around a fresh approach to planetary problems like climate change, poverty, disease, sustainability, and illiteracy.
BERKELEY, Calif., Sept. 20, 2011 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The University of California at Berkeley, in partnership with the World Mind Network, is becoming the nexus of a new movement aiming to maximize the vast power embedded in commonly used Web and Smart phone technologies to effect useful change in the world.
LIPA CITY, Philippines (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — A multi-national coalition of researchers has been formed to study and treat a massive fish kill of over 800 metric tonnes which started on May 27 in Taal Lake, in the Philippine province of Batangas. Sponsored by the World Mind Network, it will involve on-site as well as online cooperation between biology students in the U.S. and the Philippines, as well as volunteers from Batangas State University and local schools.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The World Mind Network and Friends Beyond Borders have announced WikiGeeks, a coordinated effort among teams of university students to utilize commonly available Web 2.0 and social networking tools to create online Flash Mobs which will promote sustainability, environmental protection, and cultural preservation in selected Third World villages.
GENEVA, Switzerland (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — The Future Research Group of the World Mind Network, a think tank composed of scholars from the Silicon Valley, Oxford, Harvard, Rutgers, the Universities of Tokyo and Lausanne, and Kansas State University, says that popular Internet and Smart Phone phenomena which have emerged in the last five years represent a quantum leap in the evolution of Homo Sapiens, comparable to far earlier transformations in hominid history.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — As the Gulf oil spill inched closer to land last week, hundreds of fishermen, tourists, and local officials sent text messages, tweets, and cell phone videos to share their experience with the world. Many of these were monitored by tracking sites, which in turn were watched by high school students on their home computers and smart phones; many of whom were part of the World Mind Network.
LOS ANGELES, Calif. — World Mind Network today announced a new Web site which monitors activity to help predict cultural trends. The Internet has given mankind a lot of benefits, but one that may go somewhat unrecognized is its ability to predict where Society is headed, based on tracking every day’s top news stories, Twitter feeds, blog posts, music downloads, videos, books, Web searches, social network posts, and Web sites.
MAULE, Chile — A woman uses her Twitter account to plead for help in locating her missing daughter – and finds her. An aid group puts out an urgent call for water sanitation equipment. A church group with food to offer asks for storage space in the earthquake-devastated city of Concepcion. A new site created by the World Mind Network and Chilean Earthquake Relief helps make these stories happen.
SAN PEDRO, Calif. — Theater troupe Midnight Insanity and The World Mind Network are organizing a benefit comedy show for victims of the Haiti earthquake. Standing up for Haiti will take place at the historic Warner Grand Theater in San Pedro, California on March 14 at 6 p.m. All proceeds will be donated to the Haiti Fund of Doctors Without Borders.
BONITA, Calif. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — What is the next thing for Social Networking? Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and their competitors let you find friends, build brands, and form groups. But a newer site lets you do those things, plus monopolize a chunk of the Internet around a social issue, philosophical question, research problem, niche art form, or environmental challenge. The rationale for the World Mind Network (WMN) stems from events over the last five years or so – the advent of new Web 2.0 tools which have hit society like waves.
New Web Site Helps Anyone Assist Humanity’s Transformation Into a Global Brain – the World Mind Network
BONITA, Calif. (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — Over the last five years or so, new Web 2.0 tools have hit society like one wave after another: MySpace, Skype, Facebook, YouTube, all the various iPhone and Blackberry applications, and now Twitter. The effect, according to social scientists, is to vastly increase both the complexity and content of communication, such that the planet appears more and more like a vast integrated Mind, akin to James Lovelock’s ‘Gaia’ or Pierre Teilhard de Chardin’s ‘Noosphere.’ This is the rationale for the World Mind Network.
BERKELEY, Calif., Sept. 24 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — If the planet is becoming a global village, how do you obtain a condensed view of what fellow villagers are thinking, doing, and creating right now? Answering that question is the goal of the World Mind Network, a group and website which employs the metaphor of the human race as one giant brain to explore new ways in which, largely through Web 3.0 technologies, we can connect with others, learn about distant and exotic people and phenomena, and address major problems in new ways.
Explore Send2Press Newswire for Journalists:
Subscribe and Connect:
Receive a Send2Press® Newswire Once Daily Press Release Summary by E-Mail (powered by Google).
- EPIC adds Power Brokers Kathleen Felderman and Jonathan Griffiths and launches Denver office Mon, 20 May 2013
- Banks Will Become Prime Places to Learn About Long-Term Care Insurance, Predicts LTC Partners and Insurance Services Mon, 20 May 2013
- Get WinX DVD Ripper Platinum License Code for Best Price Ever – Free Lifetime Upgrade Guaranteed Sat, 18 May 2013
- FirstClose Hires Industry Veteran Chip Caldwell as VP, Southeast Region Manager Fri, 17 May 2013
- LendingQB Incorporates Mortgage Insurance Underwriting Guidelines into its Automated Underwriting Engine Thu, 16 May 2013
- Free Data Recovery Software by Remo Software – Popular Remo Recover is now a Free Data Recovery Tool Thu, 16 May 2013
- Roemtech, LLC Announces its Newly Developed PMA-350H Mixer/Amplifier with Auto-HummBuster Technology Thu, 16 May 2013
- James Allen’s Natural Gemstones Bring New Color to Life Tue, 30 Apr 2013
- California Mortgage Bankers Association Names The Compliance Group President Annemaria Allen to its Board of Directors Fri, 26 Apr 2013
- LendingQB Named a Top 50 Technology Service Provider for First Time Fri, 26 Apr 2013
- Food Finders Kicks Off its 3rd Annual ‘Summer To End Hunger’ Food Drive Thu, 25 Apr 2013
- Interthinx 2012 Yearly Report Highlights Geographical Shift in Mortgage Fraud Risk Thu, 25 Apr 2013
- Two San Rafael High Schools Win First and Second Place in 2013 Northern California Financial Literacy: MoneyWise Teen Contest Wed, 24 Apr 2013
- Business Search Engine Masterseek Testing Massive New Upgrade Wed, 24 Apr 2013