NEW YORK, N.Y., April 14 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) — In order for an interview to turn into a good offer, SET Personal Marketing (www.seniorexecutivecareerpartners.com), a firm specializing in helping professionals find work or change careers, advises that it should be far more than just a question-and-answer session. Although you can’t plan exactly how things will go in an interview, you can have a game plan for coming out on top. One strategy Robert J. Gerberg (www.robertjgerberg.com), Chairman of SET Personal Marketing, suggests is to develop a positive chemistry right at the start.
“When a company is interviewing different people – it’s about individual competition. Be at your very best,” Gerberg said. “If you’ve done your homework and are prepared, it will clearly be evident to the people who interview you.”
Specifically, Gerberg suggests doing these five things to develop a positive chemistry right from the start.
1. Build chemistry by researching the firm and being informed. By being knowledgeable, doing your research beforehand and learning about the industry and the person you will be meeting with, you will be able to make a positive first impression.
2. Build chemistry by impressing the front office staff. Two-thirds of executives say their secretaries influence them, so it is important to be attentive to the front office staff.
3. Build chemistry by projecting the right image. People silently react to the image you project, your dress, your posture and body language, the things you say about any subject, and the way you answer questions. So be sure to project an overall positive image.
4. Build chemistry by paying compliments. Before the interview, read or talk to people about the firm and uncover good things to say. You can compliment their facilities, people, ads or many other things. Just remember to be specific in order to show you have given the subject some thought.
5. Build chemistry by asking questions. The way you ask questions and the specific nature of their content will tell a lot about you so it is important to have a questioning strategy.
With more than 12 years industry experience, SET is the premier personal marketing (www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MP4mWyjoDE) firm for professionals. Visit www.seniorexecutivecareerpartners.com for free videos on the job market; new resume styles (www.seniorexecutivecareerpartners.com/job_search.pages/webEventAccess-resumeVideo.html) producing real results; interviewing tips; and ways for accessing leads and contacts on the Internet.
– RSS news feed for Robert Gerberg:
News Source: Robert Gerberg :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. View all current news at: http://Send2PressNewswire.com .