New York, Saturday, April 12, 2014: The event will feature the launch of the Dementia Diary, a program to improve home care of patients with Alzheimer's disease or other dementias.
The Dementia Diary has three main goals:
1) To reduce the incidence of tumors, stroke and depression associated with family caregivers over the period of taking care of a patient suffering from Alzheimer's Disease (from 8 to 20 years).
2) To increase patient's safety at home.
3) To reduce healthcare costs associated with the care of Alzheimer's Disease patients and family caregivers.
Testing the Dementia Diary will involve free assistance to family caregivers in New York. The Dementia Diary is currently tested in Italy at "School of Medicine" of Bari, Italy.
Reasons to participate at the event:
1. Receive a voucher for a family caregiver of patient with Alzheimer's Disease or other dementias to free attend the Seminar "Living with dementia at home" in June (place and date to be determined).
2. Enjoy a free glass of Italian Wine and Italian food by Italian Restaurant.
3. Be a part of a raffle with a chance to win a weeklong stay for 2 people at Villaggio Ripa in Italy during the summer of 2014 (airline ticket not included) http://www.villaggioripa.it .
4. Help to support the research in an effort to gain IRB approval for the Dementia Diary, the construction of a website, and the completion of the Dementia Diary's software.
5. Enjoy the music of Sara Galassini.
6. Enjoy the music of S. Bach played by Claudia Schaer's violin.
7. Enjoy artwork by Gioacchino Loporchio, Annalisa Iadicicco, Paola Beretti.
The event is free and open to public. Suggested donation $20 - $60.
From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. : doors open 6 p.m. performances begin at 7 p.m.
Reserve your ticket in advance or make a donation to the event.
Links to event information:
http://www.dementiadiary.org (pending; work in progress).
* Photo Caption: Gianni Perilli.
NEWS SOURCE: GP Dementia Services New York, Inc. :: This press release was issued on behalf of the news source (who is solely responsible for its accuracy) by Send2Press® Newswire, a service of Neotrope®. Original syndication source of this press release: https://www.send2press.com/newswire/Violin-Wine-and-Art-for-Dementia-Diary-Support-a-Family-Caregiver-of-Patient-with-Alzheimers_2014-04-0402-005.shtml.